Doing all my Craft and Sewing related blogging over at My Poppet

Doing all my Craft and Sewing related blogging over at My Poppet
Pop over to My Poppet for your Weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Nuno...


I received a lovely surprise in my in-box this morning from Elizabeth Abernathy who has recently completed her very first issue of Nuno Magazine. It's 150 ad-free pages of craft, sewing and knitting ideas utilizing recycled and salvaged materials, and each project is complete with patterns and instructions. Elizabeth was kind enough to send me a copy for review. You all know how I love a bit of re-purposing and refashioning, and Nuno was full of great ideas I haven't even considered. The theme for this edition was FOREST with all the projects and ideas inspired by the woodland. Here are pictures of a couple of my favourite projects.
::Salvaged Leather Mushrooms::

::Felt & Pebble Jewellery::
This project is included in the free 20 page preview, along with good instructions on how to felt cast-off sweaters...another of my favourite textiles to work with.
I may try this concept in really bright colours...

You can download a preview copy of Nuno here

A full version is only US$5, buy it on the Nuno Magazine blog