Doing all my Craft and Sewing related blogging over at My Poppet

Doing all my Craft and Sewing related blogging over at My Poppet
Pop over to My Poppet for your Weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

5 Fave Fabrics...

Thought I'd participate in Pip's 5 fave's today whilst Emma was napping (sweet silence, ahh...).
I'd like to share my 5 favourite vintage fabrics with you. It was so hard to choose but i think these came out winners...

1. Navy polished cotton with coral, pink and orange flowers

I can't even describe how beautiful this fabric is in real life. The sheen on the cotton is lovely and smooth. The coral colour is intense and soft at the same time. The scale of the print is just right. It includes my fave colour - Orange.

I don't thing I'll ever be able to cut into this fabric, no project will be worthy enough...

2. Large scale purple and blue retro flowers

This is an upholstery fabric sample with a really large scale print, the purple flowers are about 30cm wide. It's printed on a textured fabric, some kind of cotton blend. I just love how vibrant the colours are on this print, so rich like they have used pure pigment. The textured fabric adds an interesting dimension and softens the boldness of the print. Pure retro yumminess.

3. Printed linen, black and yellow

I love how this fabric drapes, it's really soft, probably because it's been used and washed several times. Not in mint condition but i don't really care. I probably wouldn't like it if it was all starchy and stiff. Even though it's quite old, the yellow on black has quite a modern feel.

4. Little Girls

This is currently my fave novelty print in my current collection. Red and white is such a classic combo, I could see this featured in a Japanese sewing book.

5. Spotty seersucker

So crisp and summery, you can almost smell the sea air and feel the sunshine on your face. Seersucker is such a happy fabric, and the bright green looks so tasty you want to bite into it like a crunchy granny smith. I can see a sundress out of this one day, although I'll have to be clever as its not a length of fabric but a half finished Aline Maxi skirt...
Which is your favourite?