Doing all my Craft and Sewing related blogging over at My Poppet

Doing all my Craft and Sewing related blogging over at My Poppet
Pop over to My Poppet for your Weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Friday, April 23, 2010

Birthday dress...

Sometimes Emma amazes me. Sometimes I even amaze myself. Today both happened.
1. Emma had a 2 hr nap. Two whole hours people! I couldn't believe my luck. Lately her 'nap time' doesn't extend past 40 min, on a good day.
2. I started and finished her birthday dress whilst she was napping, it even turned out quite similar to what I'd imagined. All made from scrappy bits of fabric from the sewing room floor and a piece of denim I found in an Op Shop 5 yrs ago for a couple of dollars.
Not bad for a couple of hours!

I even had enough time to start on a quilted vest I've been wanting to make her for ages. I had my groove on today, so thought it shouldn't lay around unfinished for too long. Hooray for Play School and we're done...pictures tomorrow.