Doing all my Craft and Sewing related blogging over at My Poppet

Doing all my Craft and Sewing related blogging over at My Poppet
Pop over to My Poppet for your Weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Monday, March 29, 2010

Markets, Garage Sales and other ♥able things...

Sorry guys, a decent post to MADE OF CLOTH is long overdue, so here is a nice long one full of fabric loveliness...
I was lucky enough to catch up with the lovely Morgan Wills at the Maribrynong Makers Market 2 weekends ago in Seddon. Such a talented lady, I couldn't resist this apple pin cushion, so delicious I just want to take a bite...mmm...
Now I'll definitely have to tidy the sewing room so my sweet little apple can take pride of place.
Then the next morning headed to the Camberwell Market with Estelle and scored this awesome vintage fabric from the button lady (some of you know who i mean). Swiss vintage cotton with little sausage dogs. Had to buy the whole bolt, couldn't resist...
Bought a lot of other great stuff too, but it's not cloth related so I'll have to blog about it elsewhere.
Then, yesterday whilst walking around the park I stumbled onto a Garage sale, lots of not fantastic junk except for this...
...in a dusty and damp cardboard box lay a massive pile of vintage linen tea towels, doilies and aprons in mint condition. I've photographed my favorites here, in the wash now...
So I hope that has satisfied your MADE OF CLOTH fix for a little while, gotta go, Emma is trashing the joint...