Doing all my Craft and Sewing related blogging over at My Poppet

Doing all my Craft and Sewing related blogging over at My Poppet
Pop over to My Poppet for your Weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What a Romp...

While I've been busy doing my thing, Emma's been busy growing - out of everything! She's 8 months now, her body is so long, in rompers she wears a size 1.
Yesterday I felt a little bit inspired and made her a couple of pairs. This little gingham number is made from a Butterick pattern (6675), picked it up from an Op-shop. I lengthened the body a bit because it was a little short and there is plenty of room on the straps to add another press stud as she grows. Quite an easy pattern, only 4 pattern pieces.

The romper below is probably the coolest thing I've made in a while...Vintage stretch terry towelling. I'm really proud of this one because I have an aversion to sewing with stretch fabrics. The terry was quite forgiving because it hid my wonky stitches. Pattern from a Golden Hands book.



I had to draft the pattern from this diagram. Sizing was for a 1 yr old but it was a little snug so I added a gusset and lengthened the straps, also added cuffs around the ankles.
Both the fabric and the book were op-shop finds. have been lying around waiting for just the right project.
FABRIC SWAP...
I have quite a bit of this terry fabric left, does anyone has some similar stretch terry fabric they would like to swap for it (or some other fabric)? I'm quite keen to make Emma another one of these rompers, am willing to share the pattern too. If you live in Melbourne even better, saves on postage.