Doing all my Craft and Sewing related blogging over at My Poppet

Doing all my Craft and Sewing related blogging over at My Poppet
Pop over to My Poppet for your Weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Vintage Refashion

I found this sweet little illustration in one of my old Golden Hands craft books (from the 70's). Refashioning clothes was a very common thing in the past because clothing was not as cheap and mass produced as it is is these days. As child, my mother would often refashion second hand clothing for my sister and I, making use of woolen skirts to make tunic dresses etc...
And now when I get the time I'm really enjoying making refashioned items for Emma. If you haven't all ready noticed, I've been posting some of my projects to the Wardrobe Refashion Blog. There is a little list of my wardrobe refashions in the sidebar, check them out if you get a chance. You might get inspired to do a little bit of it yourself...