Doing all my Craft and Sewing related blogging over at My Poppet

Doing all my Craft and Sewing related blogging over at My Poppet
Pop over to My Poppet for your Weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Romper Re-fashion Tutorial...

I came across this sweet little romper in an Op-shop whilst I was pregnant with Emma. It was handmade and in great condition and had a lovely handstitched birdie on the front. The only hitch was it didn't have a crotch opening. Sort of a pain when you have a squirmy baby that needs changing.
But not to worry, that problem was easily fixed...here's how...

1. Un-stitch the crotch seam and remove the leg elastic2. measure around thigh and inserted the correct length of elastic in the casing.

3. Stitch ends of elastic firmly in place

4. Hem up the seam that was originally unpicked. I've added a little extension piece as this romper was getting a little snug on Emma. (That'll teach me to have stuff sitting in the sewing basket for months and months)
5. Add press studs and your done!