Doing all my Craft and Sewing related blogging over at My Poppet

Doing all my Craft and Sewing related blogging over at My Poppet
Pop over to My Poppet for your Weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Friday, January 1, 2010

Hanky Panky...

Sweated away in my sewing room on new year's eve because I felt an overwhelming urge to finish off Emma's bedroom curtains before the year was up. Must have been 40+ degrees in there! I think I changed my mind at least 10 times over what I'd do with these bloody windows. Was originally going to make some 'window quilts' but decided that it was all just too much work, and these lovely vintage hankies give a similar patchwork effect with a floatier feel. I'd already made some block out panels, but they just seemed too severe on their own.I quite like how the gauzy layer softens the block out fabric, or on its own, lets the light romantically filter through......I left a few gaps so i could add any extra hankies that i come across on my gathering adventures.